The sun is out, the sand is hot and the waves are crashing on the shore. Christmas in Surfers Paradise is one of the best times of the year, so we’ve rounded up 10 things to do these holidays to help you make the most of this beachside city!
- Take a photo with Santa in his surfboat sleigh, pulled by kangaroos, in the centre of Cavill Mall. The mall will be buzzing with all things Christmas from 13 -24 December. Photos with Santa are FREE!
- Step right up from the beach – boardies and all – and enjoy the amazing Christmas decorations and the roving Christmas entertainment in Cavill Mall before taking a short five-minute stroll along the Esplanade and grabbing some lunch. Suggestions: MOS Burger, Hurricane’s Grill Surfers Paradise or Pancakes on The Rocks.
- Pack a picnic of light deli snacks and cold drinks and head to Evandale Park – home to a swimming lagoon and kids playground. Picnic areas include barbecues and shaded seating. Bring a football, or kick back with views of the Surfers Paradise skyline and enjoy nature at its finest.
- Book an escapade with City Adventures for one serious day of fun! City Adventures have some very cool – and unique – packages that are best experienced with groups of friends over 10, or a bunch of work colleagues. From the challenging to the downright fun, these packages are designed for maximum amusement. Suggestion: The Taste Test Challenge will take you on culinary journey of delicious delights across the city!
- Check out the latest virtual experience to hit Surfers Paradise and book a session at Slice Virtual Golf. The good people at Slice have had the decency to finally combine two things: virtual golf and metre-long pizzas. Best experienced with a bunch of mates on those scorching hot days where an escape into air-conditioning is a smart move.
- See a show at Arts Centre, Gold Coast. Seriously, this place always has something worth a watch, all the latest movies, live shows for the kids, and meaningful productions that can leave you inspired.
- Experience the sanctuary that is the Chameleon New Age Salon. This is not your regular salon, it’s a place where they encourage mind, body and spirit to merge into one and relax. Services range from Lami Lami massages, yoga classes, hair and beauty, sound healing and aura photography. Very Zen.
- Stroll through the Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets and pick up those Christmas gifts along the way. There are some truly unique stallholders at the Beachfront Markets, you can find some thoughtful and tailored pieces for friends and family, and enjoy the beachfront at the same time.
- Shop ‘til you drop at Chevron Renaissance. Fashion, food, health and beauty – it’s all here. The coffee is great, the vibe is urban, and there’s usually live music going on in the background. Plus, Levendis Souvlaki & Mezze Bar has recently opened, in case you want to go all Greek for lunch!
- Stick around until evening and experience a balmy summer night in Cavill Mall as a dazzling Christmas display comes to life in the heart of Surfers Paradise. Grab a beverage in one of the nearby bars and enjoy summer under the stars, with the beach just metres away.
SANTA PHOTO TIMES
Cavill Mall, Surfers Paradise
Tuesday 13 – Saturday 17 December: 10.00am – 1.00pm & 4.00pm – 7.00pm
Sunday 18 December: 10.00am – 1.00pm
Monday 19 – Saturday 24 December: 10.00am – 1.00pm & 4.00pm – 7.00pm